The 2017 National Convention of the Customs and Immigration Union will be held September 29, 30 and October 1, 2017 at the Ottawa Marriott Hotel, 100 Kent Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 5R7. Convention Committees will meet on September 26 and 27, 2017 and the National Board of Directors will meet on September 28, 2017.
- May 29, 2017 – Election of Delegates and Alternates (By-Law 8, Section 5)
- May 29, 2017 – Resolutions (By-Law 8, Section 17)
- June 29, 2017 – Appointment of Committees (By-Law 8, Section 8)
- July 28, 2017 – Delegate Certificate (By-Law 8, Section 6)
- July 28, 2017 – Instructions for Committee Members (By-Law 8, Section 12)
- July 28, 2017 – General Information Booklet (By-Law 8, Section 13)
May 29, 2017 – A Date to Remember
1. Election of Convention Delegates and Alternates
- Convention Delegates are elected by each Branch from amongst its members.
- The only qualification required to run for election as a Delegate is that you be a member in good standing.
- If you are interested in attending the Convention, ask your Branch President for information regarding the election of Delegates.
- Election of Convention Delegates must be completed by May 29, 2017.
- All resolutions must comply with By-Law 8, Section 17.
- The Resolution Form can be downloaded here as a PDF. Additional Resolution Forms may also be obtained from your Branch President or the National Office.
- Resolutions will not be accepted unless they bear the appropriate signatures.
- Resolutions to the CIU National Convention that deal with Collective Bargaining can only address the collective bargaining process itself. Submitting Collective Bargaining Resolutions should not be confused with submitting Bargaining Demands, as these are handled through another process and at another time.
- Resolutions are to be sent by facsimile to 613-723-7895 or mailed to the CIU National Office, 1741 Woodward Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2C 0P9, and if mailed, must be postmarked no later than May 29, 2017.