The National Convention, which is the supreme governing body of our Union, is held once every three years and provides an opportunity for CIU members to become involved in the operation and future of their Union.
We are pleased to announce that the 20th CIU National Convention will be held September 21, 22, and 23, 2023 in Ottawa, Ontario.
Please refer to the following documents for more information:
- Convention Call – CIU’s 20th National Convention
- 20th National Convention – Memo NO. 1
- Convention Resolution Form
- Deadline for resolution forms: May 21, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. ET. For more information, see the convention call.
- Please note: Convention Resolutions pertaining to collective bargaining must refer only to the procedure of bargaining and not actual bargaining demands. Bargaining demands are sought through a different forum and are referred, through the Component Collective Bargaining Committee, to the Public Service Alliance of Canada. Bargaining demands will not be dealt with at the CIU National Convention.